Should you go for the Everest Base Camp trek in March?
Table Of Content
- Everest Base Camp Trek Weather In March
- Everest Base Camp Trek Temperature In March
- Tips For Everest Base Camp Trek In March
- Cost For Everest Base Camp Trek in March
- Gear And Equipment For Trekking In Everest Base Camp
- Everest Base Camp Trek In March Difficulties
- Other Popular Trek In the Everest Region
- Final Words
Everest Base Camp Trek in March is the best time to trek due to various reasons. March is the starting season of the Spring season, Spring comes with the regeneration of nature.
Trekking to Everest base camp in March offers a wonderful experience with a stunning sky, nice weather, and vibrant surroundings.
In March, Everest Base Camp Trek attracts trekkers. This is because the snow is melting, the temperature is warmer, and the days are longer. However, there are occasional cold days and snowfall.
The Everest Base Camp trek in March follows the Dudh Kosi River. It passes through suspension bridges, lovely villages, Sagarmatha National Park, and a rhododendron forest. Finally, it reaches Mount Everest’s highest points.
Many trekkers prefer Everest Base Camp Trek in March due to the green forests, blooming flowers, and different colors. March is an unforgettable month due to the combination of pleasant weather, amazing views, and cultural connections.
Everest Base Camp Trek Weather In March
The weather in March is generally stable, with clear skies and moderate temperatures. March is the end of winter and the beginning of spring, Which makes the weather favorable to trek.
There is less chance of rain in March which creates clear sky views of the mountain. During March you’ll also be able to see the amazing snow-capped view of the Mountains.
You can also get a chance to experience snowfall at higher altitudes in early March which makes your journey more memorable. The weather at Everest Base Camp Trek in March is unpredictable. Be prepared for changes as they may vary.
Everest Base Camp Trek Temperature In March
Good Temperature is very important for your journey from route condition to comfort you during the trek.
During the day, the temperature is around 7 degrees Celsius. At night and in the morning, it drops to -7 to -12 degrees Celsius, which is below freezing. This is the temperature during the Everest Base Camp Trek in March.
However, it is important to know that temperatures can vary on different factors such as altitude and time of day.
Tips For Everest Base Camp Trek In March
Choose the right equipment:
Choosing high-quality trekking equipment is important for your safety and comfort. Choose equipment that is suitable for any situation you face on the trek.
You need to drink enough water to hydrate your body, staying hydrated helps you to reduce the chance of altitude sickness. Regularly maintaining hydration helps to maintain your body temperature as well as the oxygen level in your body.
Start your trek early:
As days are shorter in March, it is best if you start your journey early to reach your destination before evening. your daily trekking hours take almost 6 to 8 hours so for proper resting you need to start your journey early.
Be prepared in advance:
Preparation is most important before beginning your trek. Since the weather will be cold during the night and morning, you should dress appropriately in advance. and pack all your necessary items before your journey starts.
Book in advance:
March is a busy time for the EBC trek, so it’s hard to find a place to stay. Booking ahead will make your trek easier.
Mind the altitude:
During the trek Altitude sickness is the major problem for most of the trekkers. if you feel any altitude sickness problems rest for a while during the trek and take preventive actions.
Cost For Everest Base Camp Trek in March
The price of an Everest base camp trek varies based on the facilities, services, itinerary, and other factors you choose. The cost ranges from $1400 per person, if you are trekking with your group it will range from $1150 per person.
However, the cost varies as per budget trek package, standard trek package, and luxury trek package. The price includes permit fees, flight charges from Kathmandu to Lukla, accommodation, and meals.
Your expenses will increase because you need to buy clothes and essential items for your Everest base camp trek.
To save money on a trek, it’s best to use a travel agency as it can help reduce your expenses. For the cost details you can contact us, we are always ready for your service.
Gear And Equipment For Trekking In Everest Base Camp
Planning for the March Everest Base Camp trek needs careful preparation of the gear and equipment you’ll bring. The right equipment not only improves your experience but also helps with your safety and comfort during the journey.
Your packing list must include the right gear and equipment according to the month you are trekking. We recommend this gear and equipment for your comfortable journey.
- Clothing and Layering: Bring different types of light and warm clothes for layering. These can include moisture-wicking base layers, fleece jackets, waterproof pants, and a down jacket.
- Footwear: Have good trekking boots and comfortable camp shoes to wear at lodges.
- Backpack and Day-pack: To carry your equipment carry a backpack and day-pack for a day trek.
- Sleeping Bag: A warm sleeping bag is necessary as the night will be cold in the Everest region during March.
- Trekking Poles: Carry a trekking pole for your Stability.
- Technical equipment: Carry essential technical gear, including a headlamp, UV-protected sunglasses, Charger, power bank, camera, and other necessary stuff
- First Aid Kid: You should take a first aid kit with a bandage, pain reliever, and altitude sickness medicine.
- Pack personal items, including a quick-drying towel, sunscreen, lip balm, hand sanitizer, and wet wipes.
Everest Base Camp Trek In March Difficulties
The Everest base camp trek in March is not very difficult but it has a few difficulties including:
- Chances of thunderstorms: In March, thunderstorms may occur because of the interaction between western winds and monsoon winds. This happens because March marks the beginning of the Monsoon season.
- Long route: The Everest Base Camp trek in March is a moderately challenging 38.5-mile route, but it has fewer difficulties. You must walk 5-6 hours daily to 10-15 km, crossing difficult routes through tropical forests and mountains.
- Altitude sickness: To reach Everest base camp, trek up to Kala Patthar at 5644 meters. At altitudes above 3500 meters, you may experience headaches, dizziness, and insomnia. so altitude sickness is a difficulty anyone feels during the trek in EBC.
- Unpredictable weather: The March weather at Everest Base Camp is good, but high-altitude weather is unpredictable. you’ll have problems with sudden changes that occur in temperature, wind, and sometimes snowfall.
- Flight delay: Your flight to Lukla from Kathmandu may be delayed or rescheduled due to unpredictable weather in the Everest region. Lukla’s climate can change suddenly, affecting flight schedules.
Other Popular Trek In the Everest Region
- Everest Three Pass Trek: Everest Three Pass Trek is one of the longest and most difficult treks in the Everest region. It’s known as the Full Circuit Everest Region Trek. It includes treks like Cho La Pass, Kongma La Pass, and Renjo La Pass in the Everest region.
- Everest View Trek: Due to trekking distance and duration Everest View Trek is one of the shortest treks in the Everest region. During this trek, you will pass through charming villages such as Phakding, Namche, Tengboche, Khumjung, and others. From these villages, you will have the opportunity to witness breathtaking views of Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse, Makalu, and many other magnificent peaks. Everest, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse, Makalu, and more.
- Gokyo Lake Trek: It is a less crowded alternative to Everest Base Camp, offering stunning mountain views and the world’s highest lake.
Other popular treks in the Everest region include:
- Everest High Passes Trek
- Island Peak Trek
- Mera Peak Trek
- Pikey Peak Trek
- Renjo La Pass Trek
- Cho La Pass Trek
- Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek
Is March a good time to trek to Everest Base Camp?
Yes, March is a good time for the Everest base camp trek. It has nice weather, clear skies, and less snow and rain, making it the best time for the trek.
Is March a suitable time for beginners to attempt the Everest Base Camp trek?
March has good weather, but it can still be unpredictable. March has good weather, but it can still be unpredictable. If you are prepared for challenges, March is a good time for beginners to try the Everest Base Camp trek.
How Crowded Are the Everest Base Camp Trails in March?
The Everest base camp trek in March is less crowded than in peak months. This allows for a peaceful and enjoyable experience on the trail.
The Everest Base Camp trek in March is a once-in-a-lifetime journey that combines an amazing environment with cultural interaction.
The March Everest Base Camp trek offers stunning mountain views and deepens your love for the beauty of nature.
In March, the Everest Base Camp trek offers enjoyable hiking with great weather, clear skies, and lush surroundings. One of the trek’s main attractions is the mountains covered with snow.
The colorful, sunny environment of the route’s tea houses and lodge will attract you. If you love traveling and nature, this exciting March journey to Everest base camp trek is perfect for you.